Great, you have an interview! It’s time to prepare for it, properly. Hiring manager often ask the same type of questions and (since it’s a known fact) expect you to be good at answering them. Are you? Don’t worry, here you can find the most frequently asked interview questions and how to perfectly answer them.
Still looking for a job?
Find it on Jobtome!
The most common interview questions
First of all, you should read the job description very carefully to know exactly what the company is looking for. You should also carry out a research on the company to better understand the culture and environment. Then you should write a list of some common interview questions and prepare your replies. Here you can find a few examples:
- Tell me a bit about yourself. This is usually one of the first questions and it allows you to make a brief summary of your work experiences that are relevant to the job. Be concise, they already have your CV containing all of your info. Ensure you come across as a balanced and trustworthy person.
- Why should we consider hiring you? Highlight the fact that you are qualified for the job and that your competences match the requirements. However, go beyond this. Other candidates might be as prepared as you are, so focus on your soft skills and point out what you can do for the company.
- What are your biggest weaknesses? This is one of the most tricky and frequently asked interview questions. First rule: no lies. You have to be honest about yourself and can’t pretend to have no flaws. “I’m a perfectionist” doesn’t count as a proper answer. Therefore, prove you are aware of your weaknesses and show how you are working to resolve it or what you have done to overcome it.
- Why are you leaving/did you leave your previous role? Do not talk bad about you previous company or boss, don’t criticize. Mention that it was time for a new chapter of your life and point out what this company has something you are drawn to, this role is more linear with your goals and career ambitions, etc..
- Why do you want to work here? Do your homework and you’ll be able to answer this question. If you do some research about the company, you can give a more detailed feedback. You can say that it has a clear and structured career path, it operates in your field, has an innovative approach, etc..
This is how you should be preparing for an interview and how to answer interview questions. It takes time to master these kind of communication skills, but it is worth it. Of course, you’ll be asked about more specific subjects, but these are the most frequently asked interview questions.
Good luck and… try not to make any of the most common mistakes during your interview!